Skip to main content

July, 16 2025 Inflation Panic

 So, all the prices went up

So, guys. I kinda wanna talk (or rambling, perhaps?) about the current economy, and inflation, etc other economic stuff that happened to me recently and kinda giving me stress (not gonna lie about this)


If you haven't noticed, it seems like inflations are happening everywhere around the world. I came from Indonesia, and everytimes I opened the news/ had a phone call with my family, they're gonna complain about all the prices went up. 


I live in Japan, the country that was (and still) known for its uniqueness, "country that doesn't experience inflation, but deflation instead" (at least, that's what my dad and everyone in my family used to say. But not anymore)



well if you wanna know more in details about the 'rice issues', click this link


If you haven't noticed, the rice's price is 3-4 times higher than it used to be in 2020. It's so crazy, and it became national news and people in my workplace are still complaining about the rice, even to this day.



I used to live in Osaka, from 2021-2022. And there's this supermarket where I often went to buy groceries, and I remember that 5kg rice costed me around 1200, sometimes it was 1100, and sometimes it could be 900 depending on my luck and the brand of the rices. Well, if you recognized the supermarket in the picture, you may knew that it's Tamade Supermarket, which is famous for its low prices and discount sales. So, yeah.. maybe the good price 5kg rices was also depends on where you buy it (that's what I thought)


but then, I moved to Tokyo. I tried to compare the prices between Osaka and Tokyo the first week I moved in. To be honest, I didn't see such a big different, maybe only 100-200 yen difference. Including the rices, I remember, from 2022-2023(?) The prices was on 1400-1800. Well, still bearable. Actually I'm not the type of person who eat rice everyday, I bought rice every 4-5 months depending on my mood. 


But, one day, I remember it was 2024 October, I went to the supermarket and saw the rice are being sold for 3100ish yen. I was totally in shocked, I went to the other places, and found the prices are basically the same. And now, July 2025, it already went up to 390

0 and 4000 sometimes, for just a 5kg rices 


That's realllyyy crazy. I remember I went home because I thought maybe I had delulu, ended up didn't buying rice, sitting in my room, calling my dad, and "Dad, the rice, the price, it doesnt make sense!". That's when we learned that, yeah... you know, the rice and inflation stuff. 


(Don't worry guys, I already bought the rice now, I'm not in shock anymore and already in peace with it, and also still having one bag at home hahaha)


I also noticed the prices of banana and eggs are also went up. I remember buying 10 eggs for 98 yen, and now it's 300! (You can get 10 eggs for 250 yen on cheaper supermarkets, if you're lucky). 


So guys, if you're doing groceries on your own, and with you own money, and you wanna save up money as much as possible, you need to do research on shops and supermarkets around where you're living. Although the inflation is undeniable, some places can sell things cheaper than other places. (I found a supermarket that sells oyster sauce for 120 yen while others sell the same product for 350 yen, total rip off...)

 
well, of course,  I recommend going to Gyoumu for the best prices-shoping experience (in this economy)




Comments

  1. If someone loves you in this economy, don't let go. It must be real! PS your text is very small. you need to make it bigger!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 21, 2025 What is News To You?

 A Brazilian Girl Met Her Tragic Death in Indonesia's Rinjani Volcano  (7/24) A 26-year-old Brazilian woman, Juliana Marins, was found dead after falling from Indonesia's infamous Mount Rinjani volcano. It was believed that she might have survived for up to 32 hours after the fall. However, the autopsy revealed that she died instantly, approximately 20 minutes after the incident.   Rinjani is an active volcano mountain in Indonesia, located in West Nusa Tenggara. It's famous amongst the hikers because it is the second highest volcano mountain in Indonesia, it offers you thrill and challenge because of its difficult geographical condition, and needs 2-4 days for hikers to reach the top.  Rinjani is definitely not for the amateurs because of its extremely steep and rocky trail.  According to the data, it was recorded that during 2016-2024, around 280 accidents happened in Rinjani, with 17 death and others are just 'injuries'.  Marins was originally supposed t...

July,30 2025 Final Video

Who loves corn? Yeah me too, I like corn soup, and corn as toppings on my pizza But, the “CORN” that I'm about to talking about in this video, is definitely not the ones that you're gonna welcome into your life….  Unfortunately,  I think everyone in their life is going to encounter this very unanticipated guess… at least once or twice in their life. Including, YOU. And if you're pretty unlucky, this relationship with 'corn' and be long… and painful…  especially, if you encounter the “special alien looking” ones.. SO, WATCH THE VIDEO AND SAVE YOUR LIFE

June 16, 2025 - My First Post

 Hi Everyone!  I'm Belinda,  I came from Indonesia and currently residing in Japan. It's my fifth year living in Japan. I went to Japan for the first time on winter 2021, Osaka and living there for about a year and then moved to Tokyo because I joined DHU!  To moved from Osaka to Tokyo was such a really pleasant experience because I got to experienced both sides of Kansai's warmth, loud, and friendliness and also the city life, the hectic atmosphere, and also the diversity Tokyo has to offer. Indonesians are easy to befriend with, since they are very friendly and tend to be quite expressive- which more or less resemble the Kansai people.  So, personality wise, if any Japanese came to me and ask me "what kind of person are you?"...  I'll answer, "Oh, you know, just like Osaka people!"  Although, when I came back to Indonesia for vacation, my friends told me that I act quite weird, somewhat too stiff, and the body language also feels 'foreign'....