One of my favorite songs is 'Misanthropy' by Joko in Berlin
Misantrophy' itself means 'hatred towards humanity, choosing to isolate themselves, tired of human interaction', things like that. I've been listening to this song since highschool, I just found the song to be catchy and cool, and it was actually written by an Indonesian band. I think the band consists of indonesian-german expats who do music in their free time. "Joko" itself is a very traditional indonesian name, even our former president was named Joko. But the music is very modern, western-like style.
Don't get me wrong, I like this song because it is indeed a nice song, and I'm into indie- me myself is quite an extrovert person. Eventhough "Joko in Berlin" is an Indonesian band, they aren't really popular in Indonesia, so I hope you can enjoy this song as much as I do! I also really like how they wrote the lyric, I think it has such a creative rhymes, sharp and reflective. The song gives you a dark chill vibes, it feels like you are sitting on a metro alone at 2am... that's what I imagine when I listen to this song, haha!
And here's the chorus, click on it to see the full lyrics
Misanthropy my massive passive

I haven't heard this before. Pretty interesting, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete