Skip to main content

June 18, 2025 - My Favorite Website

 June 18, 2025 - My Favorite Website


I actually don't really have any sites on the internet in particular, but if I need to mention one, perhaps it's a person on the Wordpress who goes by pseudonym 'Your Humble Author' 

Your Humble Author

'Your Humble Author' is a young man who's currently a member of US American Navy. He's always on the boat, going somewhere, off travelling world by the sea and in the meantime he writes reams of beautiful, heartfelt poetry that evoked emotional depth as if it speaks to my soul.

To put it shortly, I really love his works,  and I hope you can enjoy them too!

I found this website for the first time when I was 14, middle school student. At that time, I was a pinterest kid who liked reading random quotes and passage from old classic literary work (well, I still do up until now), and that day I found: 

“‘I said that word carried a man’s greatness if he wanted to take advantage of it.’
‘I remember Sam Hamilton felt good about it.’
‘It set him free,’ said Lee.  ‘It gave him the right to be a man, separate from every other man.’
‘That’s lonely.’
All great and precious things are lonely.’
‘What is the word again?’
‘Timshel—thou mayest'” 

- John Steinback

Which, by that time I couldn't really understand what it actually means, so I googled it up and found "Your Humble Author" post- explaining about that quote actually means and how it relates to his life too.

Here's a passage that I quote from his article,

If a man desires greatness then he must learn to be lonely. He need not separate himself from all companionship or relationship; indeed, without another’s love, the loneliness is likely to overwhelm him. But a great man must learn how to endure the responsibility his own actions bring; he must learn how to suffer the consequences without the soothing balm of blaming ancestry or fate. And for this reason, all great and precious things are lonely. 

- by Your Humble Author

Of course, he wrote other beautiful poetries, and his explanation about John Steinback's "all great and precious things are lonely" is really my favorite, but other writing that caught my heart was his point of view of love which he referred as "old fashioned". And below, I also want to share some passages of that poet so you guys could get some glimpses of his beautiful work too (click on the poet, and it'll take you to the actual post)


Old Fashioned - by Your Humble Author

Well, I think that's all. I just found his work so fascinating and relatable, I think that me and the author might share similar thoughts and personality, but he succeed to put it in words, beautifully captivating.  

If you are into poetry, make sure to check his site! 

Comments

  1. This is such a beautiful site, thanks for recommending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a site worth reading. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling the warmth from the words, and touching the heart through the imagination that comes from the poetry written by others. The sensibility of feeling this world is a great power for our mind!
    Thank you for the sharing! The poem is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 21, 2025 What is News To You?

 A Brazilian Girl Met Her Tragic Death in Indonesia's Rinjani Volcano  (7/24) A 26-year-old Brazilian woman, Juliana Marins, was found dead after falling from Indonesia's infamous Mount Rinjani volcano. It was believed that she might have survived for up to 32 hours after the fall. However, the autopsy revealed that she died instantly, approximately 20 minutes after the incident.   Rinjani is an active volcano mountain in Indonesia, located in West Nusa Tenggara. It's famous amongst the hikers because it is the second highest volcano mountain in Indonesia, it offers you thrill and challenge because of its difficult geographical condition, and needs 2-4 days for hikers to reach the top.  Rinjani is definitely not for the amateurs because of its extremely steep and rocky trail.  According to the data, it was recorded that during 2016-2024, around 280 accidents happened in Rinjani, with 17 death and others are just 'injuries'.  Marins was originally supposed t...

July,30 2025 Final Video

Who loves corn? Yeah me too, I like corn soup, and corn as toppings on my pizza But, the “CORN” that I'm about to talking about in this video, is definitely not the ones that you're gonna welcome into your life….  Unfortunately,  I think everyone in their life is going to encounter this very unanticipated guess… at least once or twice in their life. Including, YOU. And if you're pretty unlucky, this relationship with 'corn' and be long… and painful…  especially, if you encounter the “special alien looking” ones.. SO, WATCH THE VIDEO AND SAVE YOUR LIFE

June 16, 2025 - My First Post

 Hi Everyone!  I'm Belinda,  I came from Indonesia and currently residing in Japan. It's my fifth year living in Japan. I went to Japan for the first time on winter 2021, Osaka and living there for about a year and then moved to Tokyo because I joined DHU!  To moved from Osaka to Tokyo was such a really pleasant experience because I got to experienced both sides of Kansai's warmth, loud, and friendliness and also the city life, the hectic atmosphere, and also the diversity Tokyo has to offer. Indonesians are easy to befriend with, since they are very friendly and tend to be quite expressive- which more or less resemble the Kansai people.  So, personality wise, if any Japanese came to me and ask me "what kind of person are you?"...  I'll answer, "Oh, you know, just like Osaka people!"  Although, when I came back to Indonesia for vacation, my friends told me that I act quite weird, somewhat too stiff, and the body language also feels 'foreign'....